Posted in General
Animal print is having a resurgence for Autumn/Winter 2018 (AW18), and in a big way. The good news is – from bold colours to more understated takes on the print – there are many ways to make it work.
Consider animal print a classic neutral colour: treat it like any black item in your wardrobe and you won’t go wrong. Follow these top tips to ensure you look more Kendall Jenner and less Bet Lynch.
- A leopard print coat will elevate an all-black outfit;
- A blouse is a feminine way to wear the trend… note that a busier pattern needs clean lines;
- Let bold tops pop with sleek white or black skinnies and neutral accessories;
- Pair with blue denim for a classic look;
- Flowing silk skirts and dresses that fall just below the knee are easy to wear. Pair anything mid-calf or longer with black ankle boots, and anything shorter with knee high;
- A hint of print i.e. scarf, belt or pumpscan be just enough to create a sultry feline look.
This glorious print is just one of a number of lust-worthy trends for AW18 which include:
Designers continue their fascination with the Swinging Sixties and next season is all about personality… look out for the decade’s iconic skirt/dress shape, the mini; shearling jackets; patchwork prints; and floaty ponchos/capes.
Collections up and down the catwalks showcased a high-shine finish for AW18; whether vinyl, latex, plastic (this was a key look for summer 2018) or leather. Metallics were recreated in glossy materials, outfits were given a fetishist edge in patent, and raincoats were updated with a glossy finish. Oh, and in AW18 there will be crystals on everything!
Forget what you thought you knew about fringing, this time round fringing is floor sweeping (think jellyfish tentacles) and has a more refined aesthetic – beaded and shimmering. Skirts with trailing ties layered over boots are tipped to be THE go-to outfit this season.
This AW18 the most traditional of countryside style staples takes centre stage and as we all know, there is NOTHING quite as iconic as a classic Chanel tweed piece. So add an air of heritage chic to your wardrobe with a tweed blazer (just add a leather skirt) and granddad style coat (thrown over a floor-skimming pretty dress).